Statutory statement regarding CSR in according with section 99a at the Danish financial statement act.
Brd. Klee A/S takes a targeted approach to corporate social responsibility (CSR). This is based on the strong belief that it creates value for Brd. Klee A/S as well as for society if we take responsibility through the way in which we operate and through our products.
Brd. Klee A/S’ CSR work is based on the principles set out in the UN Global Compact initiative, a set of internationally recognized principles which the UN encourages businesses worldwide to live up to. Global Compact is divided into four main focus areas that are particularly relevant to Brd. Klee A/S ‘efforts:
– Human Rights
Working with CSR is based in the company’s board and management team, which is responsible for continuously developing the company’s corporate social responsibility. This includes ensuring that the company follows developments in the area to communicate its policies towards all the stakeholders. CSR is an important element in the company’s management. Therefore the elements are regularly evaluated for any changes.
With reference to the four main focus areas above the company has prepared the following guidelines for corporate social responsibility in Brd. Klee A/S with associated concrete action plans for future activities.
1. We support and respect the protection of internationally claimed human rights
2. We ensure that we do not contribute to human rights abuses
3. We work to maintain freedom of association and effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
4. We support elimination of all forms of forced labor
5. We support effective abolition of child labor
6. We are working for elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
7. We support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
8. We take initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9. We are working for the development and distribution of environmentally friendly technologies
10. We oppose all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery
The Company shall report on CSR when publishing its Annual Report. The CSR report shall indicate the company’s CSR initiatives within individual accounting periods, results of these actions and future CSR initiatives.
Reports on CSR (in Danish):