Gearbox type HDP/HDO
Bonfiglioli HDP parallel shaft gear units.
Torque range 5,190..209,900 Nm.
The main construction features of the HDP parallel shaft gear unit range are:
• sizes from HDP 60 to HDP 90 with double and triple reduction.
• sizes from HDP 100 to HDP 180 with double, triple and quadruple reduction.
• Favourable distribution of rated torque values across the entire ratio range.
• Gear ratios in a 12% progression between consecutive values.
• HDP 60 ... HDP 125: Monobloc housing in rigid, spheroidal cast iron, paint coated both internally
and externally. Universal mounting thanks to the many machined surfaces. Profi les and dimensions
optimised by FEM analysis for superior structural rigidity and low acoustic emissions.
• HDP 130 ... HDP 180: housing in spheroidal cast iron or electrically-welded steel, horizontally
split. This design makes maintenance quick and economical. Profi les and dimensions optimised by
FEM analysis for superior structural rigidity and low acoustic emissions.
• Casehardened and hardened alloy steel helical gears ground fi nished and with profi le corrected for:
- more silent operation and smoother transmission of high speed input gears
- maximum transmissible torque of the lower speed output gear reductions
• Input shafts generally casehardened and ground fi nished on outer diametre. Output shafts from
hardened and tempered alloy steel. Gear ratio 7.1-500 Mounting: Foot, flange, shaft mounting. Please contact us for more information. Can also be delivered as bevel helical gear unit type HDO.
HDO bevel helical gear range
Torque range 8,990..209,900 Nm.
The main design features of the HDO bevel helical range are:
• 8 frame sizes: HDO 100, 110, 120, 125, 130, 140, 150 and 160, with 2, 3, and 4 reduction stages.
• 6 frame sizes: HDO 71, 81, 91, 95, 170, 180, with 3, and 4 reduction stages.
• Excellent distribution of rated torque values across the entire ratio range.
• Gear ratios with constant 12% escalation.
• HDO 71, 81, 91, 95, 100, 110, 120 and 125: monobloc casing in rigid, strong and precision machined spheroidal graphite cast iron, with internal and external paint fi nish. Universal mounting thanks to large number of machined and drilled surfaces. Casing shapes and thicknesses optimised by FEM analysis for superior structural rigidity, low acoustic emissions and reduced weight.
• HDO 130 ... HDO 180: spheroidal graphite cast iron or electrically-welded steel body made up of two half-casings, split along the same plane as the shafts. This design makes maintenance operations quick and economical. Casing shapes and thicknesses optimised by FEM analysis for superior structural rigidity, low acoustic emissions and reduced weight.
• Case hardened, tempered and ground fi nished alloyed steel bevel and helical gears, with corrected profiles for:
- more silent operation and smoother running of input gears
- maximum transmissible torque from fi nal reduction stages
• Casehardened and ground fi nished input shafts; output shafts in extremely rigid hardened and tempered steel.